5 Ways to Transform Your Life
We all have tried goal setting and power workshops but there are 5 ways you can transform your life that you have probably never considered.
I admit it: I am a home makeover show junkie. I love the way a designer is able to take an old home and make it look so beautiful again that the owners feel like they’ve just bought a new home.
I also love seeing beauty makeovers, and never cease to marvel over how a new hairstyle, makeup routine and outfit can transform a person’s appearance.
But what happens when it feels like your entire life needs a makeover?
I was a broken mess for many years of my early Christian walk. There was so much more I wanted out of this life, primarily a life of peace and purpose. I had read Romans 12:2 dozens of times, but one day it finally hit me what it truly meant.
“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” NLT
It was not my job to transform myself, it was my job to renew my mind.
I thought, Great, I’ll start thinking more positively and I’ll be on my way. That worked for about 45 minutes. And it only worked that long because no one else was home.
I quickly learned that it was going to take more than just positive self-talk. In fact there were five principles that I employed to allow myself to be transformed:
- Follow His will. You cannot expect to live a life of power and purpose trying to make your own way. You cannot expect to be transformed by bending the rules and His Word to suit your needs. Determine that you will follow His will, no matter what the cost.
- Don’t rely on the church. This is not to say that we are to neglect gathering with our fellow brothers and sisters in the faith, but it is not the church’s responsibility to prop you up and make you a better Christian. That’s your job. There is nothing wrong with asking the church to pray for you, but you need your own prayer time, your own study time. God wants to speak with you privately.
- Know your identity. This is the area where Satan really likes to trip people up. If he can get you to believe that you are a product of your circumstances or choices, you will never claim your true identity, which is that of a princess. You see, if you are a born-again believer, you are a daughter of the King—that makes you a princess.
- Renew your mind. Just like you can’t keep doing the same action and expect a different result, you cannot expect to create a new life from an old way of thinking. You need to go through a brainwashing, and the only way to do that is to meditate on His Word.
- Don’t give, just take. This seems counter intuitive, I know. But in the kingdom of God, we don’t have to earn our way in, we don’t have to prove anything. We just need to believe in the name of Jesus and receive all that He gave his life for us to have. (Jn 10:10)
When I began to employ these 5 principles, my transformation was a sight to behold. He can—and will—do the same for you.
In what ways have you experienced transformation?
Thanks, it was a good read.