We’re taught that God is a God of blessings and He longs to bless His people. It’s easy to see God working in your life when the blessings are flowing and all is well. But what happens when you can’t seem to see any of His blessings for miles? What about when all you see is trouble, trials and calamity all around you? Does it mean that God is not at work in your life?

You may know in your head that this is not the case, but in your heart, you may dare to ask, “Where are you, God?”

Has God taken a long lunch break, or forgotten about you? Or are you maybe doing something wrong?

I know you know what I am going to say. But I am going to say it anyway, because sometimes we all need a reminder:

Just because you can’t “see” what God is doing in your life, it doesn’t mean He isn’t moving heaven and earth to answer your prayers.

Here is some evidence that God is working on your behalf:

1. Nothing you do makes a difference. Have you ever set out on a goal but no matter what you do, it doesn’t seem to make a difference? Or maybe even seems to make matters worse? I’ve been there too. It makes you want to throw your hands up in the air in defeat.God doesn’t want us to give in to defeat, but He does want us to throw our hands up in the air and give it all to Him. Sometimes He keeps our actions from making a difference because if they did, we would be tempted to take the credit. God deserves the glory.
  2. It keeps coming back to you. If God is not changing your situation, it’s because he needs to change you. He needs to prepare you for the place He is bringing you to. He needs to make sure you are in a place to receive the seed He is going to plant.

Is your soil fertile? If not, let Him till the soil of your soul until you are ready for planting, than you will reap the harvest. The more you let Him have his way, the quicker and more rewarding the journey.

1. Doors are closing. Doors closing in your life may seem like a great defeat, but in reality they could be one of your greatest blessings. You don’t want to waste time by going through a wrong door, do you? Then celebrate when God closes one. It wasn’t for you. If God wanted that door open, He would have opened it. If He closed the door to something seemingly wonderful, imagine what He really has in store for you.

Don’t let closed doors, delayed blessings or your fruitless effort keep you from all God has for you. Stay pliable in His hands and remember His promise:

If you are having trouble trusting God, check out Trusting God when you don’t understand for 5 transformative habits.

Before we depart until next time, I pray that you remember that our God can and will do exceedingly, abundantly above when you could ask, hope or think according to the power that works in you. (Eph 3:20)

Blessings,

Kris

Hi, I’m Kris.

As a Christian women’s speaker, I teach the practical steps for renewing your mind, growing in faith and discovering your God-given purpose to help women live an abundant and joyful life.

I know this 5-day Devotional Email Series will be a huge step in faith.

26 replies
  1. krisreece
    krisreece says:

Hi Rebecca, So great to see you here. God is good all the time, despite us, right? Thanks for sharing. Blessings sister!

2. Julie Lannin
    Julie Lannin says:

Kris, very well said from the Holy Spirit in you!! =) May the Lord continue to richly bless you, your family, your friends and your workplace in Jesus Name! If there are any specific prayer requests for you personally or others you may know personally, please let me know what they are and I shall pray for you and/or others!!! I love prayer because it works and God does so many AMAZING things through our faithfulness to Him in prayer!!!!! <3 You can either email me or comment to me below. Thanks again.

3. Kris Reece
    Kris Reece says:

Thank you Julie. You are a blessing to the body of Christ. Your prayers for God’s will and timing would be much appreciated.
    Blessings!

4. Tarcha C
    Tarcha C says:

Thank you for that true inspiration, I have learned through my very own journey to try the spirit by the spirit. He allowed something to be prolonged to do a work in me. To know will I not only praise him for his blessing but will I worship him without the blessing. He needed me to seek him and only him at a point in my life. All the doors that was shut was a true blessing it drew me closer to him. And when the right doors were open no mistaken it was the doors he had open just for me. To all my sisters and brothers in Christ stay encouraged.

5. Solly Mashaba
    Solly Mashaba says:

Thank you ”Kris” everything I’ve gone through your wonderful work i Greatly touched by your words and quotes i did learn a lot about the things i did not surely know about God. Iwill always keep in touch here and thank you again and God bless…

6. Zelda Brooks
    Zelda Brooks says:

ZB. PLEASE PRAY FOR MY FURTURE HUSBAND AND I TO GET A FINANCIAL MIRACLE TO PURCHASE A SPECIAL HOUSE IN NEW JERSEY THAT I AM PRAYING FOR SND TO PUT HASE ALL NEE FURNITURE FOR AND S NJCE HEFTY BANK ACCOUNT AND A GOOD LONG HEALTHY HAPPY LIFE TOGETHER WITH GOD’S LOVE NOY AND PEACE!!! AMEN!!!

7. Paul
    Paul says:

Hi there some of the things you talked about are happening in my life I just went silent reading this article, I did’nt now this article would speak to me like that thanks continue the good work of GOD.
    I want to write content I’ll be sure to backlink to your site.

8. A. J.
    A. J. says:

Good morning Chris
    GOD have raised me up this am, to another days journey and I’m GLAD about it.
    I do not know God’s plan for me, but I know WHO holds tomorrow!
    I have an issue I’ve been holding on to for quite some time, and knowing it should be dealt with.
    I have prayed and cried, threw my up to
    GOD, read scriptures pertaining to the issue, and I surrendered God. But it appears as if GOD is not moving on my behalf. I’m open to receive Spiritual advice about this issue.

9. Kris Reece
    Kris Reece says:

Thank you for reading A.J. Do all you are called to do with regards to what you need to deal with and allow God to continue to do his mighty work in you. Trust that He’s moving! He’s always moving (just not in the way we always want or expect)
    Blessings to you!

10. Esther Kk
    Esther Kk says:

Thanks Kris for your wonderful words. You’ve truly encouraged me to hold on to God believing He is in control of life for me and my children, in the prevailing circumstances. We are in a very dificult time fiinancially and otherwise. Please pray with us. God bless you.

11. Yusuf Olayinka
    Yusuf Olayinka says:

Thanks so much ma. May God in His infinite grace increase ur wisdom, knowledge and understanding to know and speak more about Him IJN. A heartfelt thanks ma.

12. Chris
    Chris says:

Hi Kris, your message is frighteningly close to my situation right now. As a commercial vegetable farmer… its the first time in my life that I planted something and it refuses to grow! No matter how accurate I applied the fertilizer, irrigation, pesticides etc… I’m having my 3rd poor harvest and I’m financially on my knees! I called in a lot of help, from soil samples to seed consultants and nobody has an answer for me! I pray… twice a day, and it feels like God is ignoring me! Many doors have closed for me the last 5 months and I’m begging God to open the door that he wants me to enter but I don’t see any open doors! I’ve had trial and losses before but this is easily one of the worst periods I’ve ever been through. I do however find some (at least) encouragement in your words!!! Thank you!

13. Lindiwe
    Lindiwe says:

Wow, simple, straight to the point and POWERFUL. Thank you for sharing this word. I’ve been having so many doors just closed regardless of how hard I push and even wondering what’s even the point of carrying on with life but God just keeps on picking me up and giving me supernatural strength to keep on going. This word has strengthened my outlook towards what has been happening in my life. May God bless you and keep you.

14. Zandile Dubazane
    Zandile Dubazane says:

Pray for me 🙏 I’m in the dark all terrible, horrible happened to me and my 15 years old daughter it’s sad for my daughter she’s been through a lot 😭😭😭

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!